Sunday, February 3, 2013

1st week out - Encinitas area

Hey Mom and everyone else! I love you all so much sorry it has taken so long for me to reply but I have been really busy out here and haven't gotten letters yet because they were forwarded from the MTC and my zone leaders haven't given us the mail yet but I should get it tomorrow.

I absolutely love it out here! I am in the Encinitas area which is really nice and is close to the beach. There is actually an amazing view from the library I am in right now. My trainer is Elder Aldridge. He is from Logan Utah and has only been in the field 12 weeks. He is the only one in our mission training that early so it is strange but awesome. He is a super hard worker and we are always going non stop which I love. I love the bike that Dad got, it is super light weight. I'm not sure if it has fenders though. We ride our bikes half the week and the other half we get a car. I'm not gonna lie this area has a lot of really steep hills and I had kind of a hard time my second day when we rode 14 miles up and down hills. Hahaha I fell asleep in my white shirt and slacks one night because I was so tired. But I'm getting back in shape quickly and it has already gotten easier.

The members are great we get to eat with them pretty much every night and give them a lesson. All their houses are HUGE it's crazy. Well except for the ones that live right next to the surfing areas. The people are friendly... most of the time haha we have had quite a few people that love to yell at us and bible bash. We try to answer their questions and understand their point of view but most of the time you just have to testify and ask them if they or anyone else needs any service. And then there's a lot of people who are "spiritual" and say that "God can be that cloud or that tree" or that "they are on their own path and that we need to stop telling people to change their paths" we try to explain that all we are doing is inviting them to read the Book of Mormon and to pray to know if it is true but it is very sad because there are so many lost people that will not even open up their hearts. My heart longs for them when I go to bed at night. I am so sorrowful that I cannot share this love that I have felt with every person I contact. But I do have faith in the arm of God and I know that as I work I will learn how to help people understand that. I love you all and am so grateful for all that you have done, especially for your testimonies. I have to go but I will email you again next Tuesday and try to get some letters out.
Love,
Elder Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment