Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Carlsbad 3rd Ward

      Hey everyone! My new area is awesome; the ward is really focused on missionary work. They've had a lot of baptisms recently and are really pumped up about the work. We have this investigator named Mike who we set a baptismal date with for the 18th, it's so cool to see how the Lord has been preparing him over the past couple years to accept the message of the restoration. He is very humble and is so sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit. It's made me think about how my Mom and Grandma were prepared to hear the message of the restoration and it has been nice to reflect on their conversion stories they've sent me.
      Elder Alldridge is in my zone now and I've got to see him several times already, it was awesome to catch up and tell him how the work in Encinitas has been. I miss him sometimes; we had so much fun together and had a lot of really powerful experiences. He'll definitely be a life long friend of mine.
      It was a little hard to get along with my new companion at first. Some of the missionaries that we share the car with and do our P day stuff along with him are older in the mission and are more lax when it comes to following the rules and it drives me crazy. It's definitely different than when I was with my last two companions.
      It's really making me stretch and learn how to not look inwardly. I've realized that I can only correct and uplift people if I really love and care about them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment