Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New companion

Dear people who do not live in Carlsbad,
      What's up!? It's pretty sad that my companion Elder Aldridge is now gone. I missed him a lot the first couple days ha-ha. But my new companion is awesome, his name is Elder Justin Taylor, he's from Illinois and Utah. He went to a little bit of school at Utah State and is a country singer. He's a little bit older in the mission (about 16 months as apposed to Elder Alldridge who is at 7 months now) I've already learned a lot from him and I look forward to a productive transfer in which I will be able to grow a lot. It took some getting used to having a companion that wasn't exactly like me like Elder Alldridge was but it's ok because Elder Taylor is awesome and I know that we will become great friends. He's teaching me how to work with the members more to find people who want to hear the gospel as apposed to what Elder Alldridge and I did which was a lot of tracting. We find a good mix together and I think it is working well and will be very fruitful (did I spell that right?). It's pretty cool, we're teaching this nine year old boy named Conner who is the son of a member of the church who has not been active in the church for a very long time and has a lot of word of wisdom issues. He asked us to teach and baptize his son and so we told him that we would teach his son but that he needed to work with his son and every commitment we extended to the both of them. I look forward to seeing the Lord bless and enrich the lives of this humble family according to their desires and faithfulness. I have a testimony that it is possible through the infinite power of the Atonement, concept that I still can't fathom but do have a greater understanding of since I have been out here. I've been studying the "enabling power of the Atonement" or in other words the "Grace" of Jesus Christ a lot recently. Elder Bednar's talk "In the Strength of the Lord" helped me to understand it a lot better.
      I gotta go.
Love, Elder Orgill
P.S. Being on a mission is still awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment