Tuesday, April 2, 2013

News from Encinitas

Thank you all so much for the Birthday letters and packages! I love you all so much and am so thankful for the prayers and love I receive from all of you. I can definitely feel the support coming from Heavenly Father because of those prayers. The time I have spent out here has flown by and I receive so much joy and strength every day. Every time I get a letter it makes me want to work harder because I think about how much love and effort you have all put into preparing me to serve.
      Some news from Encinitas:
First there is some bad news about our investigator Stacy, she called off the baptism the week before. She had gone back to her old church one night and received a lot of anti-Mormon influence. She became very confused on what the Spirit feels like. She put up walls the next time we came over and said there was nothing we could say to her. We had to call off the baptism which was very sad but did not slacken the work. We started to work even harder and the members in the ward saw our efforts and gave us referrals because of it. After an appointment last night we were headed over to an apartment complex to do some tracting and felt like we should stop by Stacy. We saw her in the parking lot and started talking to her. We ended up having a lesson right out there in the parking lot. She felt the spirit strongly and even started to cry a little bit. I know Stacy will one day accept the gospel, I just pray that it is soon so that she can experience the blessings now.
      Things are going great out here :) Elder Alldridge and I have a blast. You guys are awesome.
Love,
Elder Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment