Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mission stuph


The work in Carlsbad 3rd ward is going great! This ward is so amazing the members are truly an example to me of consecration. All of the leaders work so hard to magnify their callings and they do such a good job at working with us. The Bishop meets with us every Saturday morning and we coordinate our efforts with him, the Ward mission leader is a ball of fire who is constantly thinking of others and is very bold with the members about reminding them to share the gospel with their friends, and the leaders always invite us to come into their different classes whether it be young mens, primary, or relief society to share experiences and pump them up about the work. To top it off they all have such great understandings of the gospel. Yesterday at fast and testimony meeting the Spirit was so powerful that our investigator Jess was in tears. We got notice a couple weeks ago they were going to split the area and put another set of missionaries here. We prayed and fasted to double the work before the split and that's exactly what the Lord has helped us do. I'll most likely be leaving this area at the end of this transfer (in a week and a half).  I will be sad to leave all these people I have come to love so deeply behind. I've been able to see the people we teach grow in leaps and bounds and develop powerful testimonies that they cannot deny.

Yesterday we were asked in to talk in the 16 and 17 year old young men's class about what we would have done differently to prepare for our mission knowing what we know now. I said I was grateful for how much I had read the Book of Mormon before my mission. It has given me such a powerful testimony and has made it easy to use it as a tool to help people. But I do regret not sitting down with people, especially those close to me, one on one and telling them how much the gospel of Jesus Christ really means to me. And really letting them know that I know he lives, and how I have come to know that. That's all I really do out here. Deepen my love for people by praying and studying for them and then helping them understand what I have come to know is true so that they can have greater joy. And when they understand that for themselves it's the best feeling in the world :)

As for some logistics, Preparation day (the day I email is now officially on Monday). Also, the weather is amazing, so glad I'm not biking and walking around in the Texas heat haha.

Thank you all for the love and prayers!

Elder Orgill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment